RSA - Call for Executive Director
Job Description: Executive Director
In consultation with the elected President, the Executive Director manages administrative as well as financial and legal operations of RSA, and advises the Officers and Board. The ED is a non-voting member of the Board of Directors and—with the President, Immediate Past President, and President-Elect—sits as a member of its Executive Committee. Appointment begins June 2012.
1. Oversees event arrangements
- Initiates site selection processes for conferences and institutes, including coordination with site selection committees and contracted event planners (Experient)
- Assists event directors in managing and implementing budgets.
- Assists President in planning and arrangements for RSA Board meetings
2. Oversees official RSA communications
- Approves website content
- Approves e-bulletins
- Coordinates with communication software provider (TCS)
- Initiates strategic planning regarding RSA use of communication media
3. Represents RSA to ACLS as a member of the Council of Administrative Officers (CAO)
- Attends general ACLS meetings each May.
- Attends CAO meetings each October.
4. Coordinates with RSA contracted administrator (KOC Member Services) and membership officer to manage the flow of RSA business
Financial & Legal
1. Responsible for all RSA financial resources and accounts
- Oversees RSA income and payouts as implemented and recorded by KOC
- Prepares budget reports for Board meetings
- Prepares proposed budgets in collaboration with the President
- Oversees annual IRS reporting as implemented by KOC
- Oversees investment and development initiatives of RSA
- Oversees annual audit of RSA financial transactions and status.
2. Responsible for legal action and advice for RSA
- Files annual corporate reports where RSA is registered as a corporation
- Addresses inquiries to corporate and intellectual property attorneys with whom RSA has established a relationship as needed.
1. Assists elected officers with financial, operational, and conceptual strategic planning
2. Attends 2 board meetings a year
1. Length of service, travel expenses, and modest stipend negotiable
1. Send current cv and letter of application to: Kris Ratcliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Review of applications will begin May 1, 2011, and continue until position is filled.