RSA 2016 Conference - Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for the 2016 RSA Conference, which will be held at the Atlanta Hilton - May 27-29, 2016 with Pre-conference activities beginning on May 26. The program is shaping up nicely, and we’re sure you will find the conference both enjoyable and productive.
If you are interested in attending the conference, please note the following:
- Register for the conference.
- If you have received an email invitation to participate in the 2016 conference, you will need to register by February 15, 2016 to confirm your place on the conference program. Note: If you fail to register by February 15 you will forfeit your place on the program to one of our alternates.
- Register before the end of 2015 to take advantage of Early Bird rates that are the same as the RSA 2014 rates.
- (Non-members of RSA, please read item #4 below before registering.)
To register, CLICK HERE!!
- Reserve a hotel room.
- The Atlanta Hilton is located in downtown Atlanta near Peachtree Center, a hub for dining, shopping, and light rail to and from the airport.
- To support RSA and assure that the organization doesn't have to pay a fee for too few hotel reservations, please consider reserving a room at the Atlanta Hilton, which has offered us the budget-friendly conference rate of $139/night for per room (single, double, triple, or quad)
- To receive these negotiated rates, you must make your reservation before May 1, 2016.
To make a reservation at the conference hotel, CLICK HERE.
- Graduate students may submit their papers for the Gerard A. Hauser Award.
- If you are a graduate student, note on your online registration form that you are applying for one of the Gerard A Hauser Awards.
- At least three awardees will receive a $100 travel award and free registration at the conference, and their presentations will be featured in the conference program.
- By having your abstract accepted for the conference, you have been nominated: now, to be considered fully, send a complete version of your conference presentation, as a .doc or .rtf email attachment, Professor Amy Young (Pacific Lutheran University), email@example.com
- Deadline for submission is January 15, 2016.
- Winners will be notified by April 1.
- Consider becoming a member of RSA.
- If you are not already a member of RSA, please consider joining, especially because the extra cost of participating as a non-member is higher than a year's membership dues.
- To review memberships options and/or join, CLICK HERE to access the membership page.
- Note: you may also join RSA (or renew your membership) on the conference registration form.
- RSA is committed to professional mentoring. Mentoring activities at RSA 2016 include:
- Research Network: Sharing Work-in-Progress
- Undergraduate Research Workshop (application to be posted soon)
- RSA/ISHR Seminar in classical rhetoric - “Quintilian and Declamation”
- Pre-Conference Workshop for Contingent Faculty.
- Pre-Conference Workshop in Leadership in the Academy and the Profession
- Career Retreat for Associate Professors
There is no additional fee to participate in these activities. However, applications are required. Click on the title to access the application form.
To register online for the 2016 RSA Conference, CLICK HERE!
To reserve a hotel room, CLICK HERE.
Please CLICK HERE to review the RSA 2016 Accessibility Guide.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Conference Registration fee refunds will be granted only as follows:
67% refund for those withdrawing by 1 April 2016
33% refund for those withdrawing by 1 May 2016
0% refund for any withdrawals thereafter