Call for Nominations to the RSA Board of Directors<
The Nominating Committee of the Rhetoric Society of America solicits nominees to serve on the Society's Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is the principal policy making body of the Society and is responsible for promoting the Society's purposes. In addition to the Board's policy making function, the RSA President appoints Directors to serve on the Society's committees. A list of the Society's standing committees, as well as additional information relevant to RSA, may be found on the RSA homepage (www.RhetoricSociety.org) under the the 'About Us' tab. Board members are expected to attend two Board meetings per year. Modest travel support is provided to attend Board meetings held at conferences a Director otherwise would not attend.
The Board consists of nine members, five of whom will be elected this year: four members to serve 4-year terms (January 1, 2006 December 31, 2009), and one student member to serve a 2-year term (January 1, 2006 December 31, 2007). The Nominating Committee will make efforts to have members of the Board represent various disciplines such as speech communication, classics, English, and philosophy as well as to maintain diversity in terms of region, rank, race, and sex/gender.
- Nominations may be made by any member of the Society.
- Self-nominations are encouraged.
- Nominees must be members of the Society and be willing to serve a full term if elected.
- Nominations are to include the name, institution, department and rank of the nominee.
- Nominations must include a brief statement (not more than 100 words) by the nominee stating qualifications to serve and goals as a Board member.